2018 Kona Auction
85,000 athletes seek entry into the IRONMAN World Championship each year. 2,500 make it to the starting line on race day. One way to race at Kona is to qualify. Another way is to win an entry through the IRONMAN Foundation’s IRONMAN World Championship Annual Kona Auction, facilitated by eBay.
To honor the vision of IRONMAN co-founders, John and Judy Collins, IRONMAN remains committed to providing athletes of all abilities a means of entry to the world’s most challenging and prestigious one-day endurance event.
The 2018 Annual Kona Auction Open/Close Dates
- SPOT #1: NOW LIVE! Click HERE to bid. Opened at 12:00 p.m. ET on April 14, closes at 12:00 p.m. ET on April 21
- SPOT #2: Opens at 12:00 p.m. ET on April 21, closes at 12:00 p.m. ET on April 28
- SPOT #3: Opens at 12:00 p.m. ET on April 28, closes at 12:00 p.m. ET on May 5
- SPOT #4: Opens at 12:00 p.m. ET on May 5, closes at 12:00 p.m. ET on May 12
- SPOT #5: Opens at 12:00 p.m. ET on May 12, closes at 12:00 p.m. ET on May 19
- Proceeds from Spot #5 will benefit Women For Tri
- Links to the Auction will become available when the Auction officially goes live.
- Funding for the eBay auction does not have to be generated through one source, as fundraising efforts are acceptable. The IRONMAN Foundation will contact the winning bidders to arrange the donation. The IRONMAN Foundation holds a U.S. registered 501 (c) (3) status, F.E.I # 65-1172979. The donation portion of the winning bid is tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law in the United States. Each winning bidder should consult with their tax advisor. International bidders will need to locally verify tax deductibility. All proceeds go to the IRONMAN Foundation, which in turn makes donations to support nonprofit initiatives. The IRONMAN Foundation covers all administrative costs to ensure 100% of all funds raised will directly benefit the selected charities.
- The IRONMAN World Championship Annual Kona Auction Winner(s) receive:
- Race bib to compete at The IRONMAN World Championship in Kailua, Kona
- Private athlete registration in Kona
- Four VIP packages
- Invitations to exclusive race-week functions
- To date, more than $2 million has been raised through The Annual Kona Auction. Through the success of the auction, the IRONMAN Foundation has donated to organizations like The Blazeman Foundation, Hospice of Kona, C Different, Daniel Robert Sayre Memorial Foundation – with funds benefiting The Hawaii Fire Department on Hawaii Island, The Pediatric Cancer Foundation, St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, Peoples Advocacy for Trails Hawaii (PATH) and The County of Hawaii Parks & Recreation Department.
- Note that The 2018 Annual Kona Auction is available to age group athletes, only.