“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
The IRONMAN Foundation Ambassadors are a group of triathletes committed to strive for positive change in IRONMAN race communities through service projects, fundraising initiatives, and athletic goodwill. These athletes exemplify the IRONMAN Foundation mission of service through sport and commitment to community.
What does it take to be an IRONMAN Foundation Ambassador?
The determination of an IRONMAN Athlete, along with the passion to rise above the masses and create REAL change in IRONMAN communities.
These are not your regular athletes.
They are on a mission to change the world, one community, one organization, and one service project at a time. Our Team Captain is the “Voice of IRONMAN,” Mike Reilly and our age group ambassadors are below.
|Mike Reilly, San Diego, CA||Melissa Bowman, Chicago, IL||Sam Cardona, New York, NY|
|Mike Ergo, Walnut Creek, CA||Derek Fitzgerald, Doylestown, PA||Woodrow “Woody” Freese, Newton, MA|
|Pablo Fuente, Boadilla del Monte, Spain||Daniel Giblin, Rochester, NY||Sheila Heistand, Louisville, KY|
|Alex Holderness, Denver, CO||Robert Maar, Plainfield, IL||Jason Massie, Johns Creek, GA|
|Erica Maynard-Uliasz, Fort Myers, FL||Stephanie Middleton, Hingham, MA||Erik Romanov, Hewitt, TX|
|Gina Shand, Chesterfield, VA||Shannon Spake McSorley, Cornelius, NC||Khem Suthiwan, Denver, CO|
|Alderlan Vitalino, Sao Paolo, Brazil||David Wilson, Lawrence, KS|
In 2018, the TEAM IMF Ambassadors are proudly taking part in the following 10 service projects:
- IRONMAN 70.3 Puerto Rico: Hurricane Maria Recovery Project on March 19. Click HERE for details.
- IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside: Adaptive Surf Clinic with Challenged Athletes Foundation on April 8.
- IRONMAN Texas: Hurricane Harvey Recovery Project on April 26.
- IRONMAN Boulder: Service Project with Paradox Sports on June 7.
- IRONMAN Lake Placid: 20th Anniversary Service Project on July 19.
- IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa: Wildfire Recovery Project on July 29.
- IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship South Africa: New School Project with IRONMAN 4 The Kidz on September 3.
- IRONMAN World Championship: 40th Anniversary Service Project on October 8.
- IRONMAN Florida: 20th Anniversary Service Project on November 1.
- IRONMAN Arizona: Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Service Project on November 15.
To support our IMF Ambassadors and donate to their efforts, click HERE.
Interested in participating or learning more about these projects? Click HERE.
“Being a TEAM IMF ambassador for [The IRONMAN Foundation] has added a great new aspect to IRONMAN events I previously didn’t know was possible. Using my love for the triathlon to raise money and awareness for charities local to the races I participate in has made this journey so much more meaningful to me than I could have ever imagined.”– TEAM IMF Ambassador, Robert Maar
Check out the videos below from our previous service projects:
|IRONMAN ARIZONA 2014: KEEN (Kids Enjoy Exercise Now)|