TEAM IMF Ambassadors
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
The TEAM IMF Ambassadors are a group of triathletes committed to strive for positive change in IRONMAN race communities through service projects, fundraising initiatives, and athletic goodwill. These athletes exemplify The IRONMAN Foundation mission of service through sport and commitment to community.
What does it take to be a TEAM IMF Ambassador?
The determination of an IRONMAN Athlete, along with the passion to rise above the masses and create REAL change in IRONMAN communities.
These are not your regular athletes.
They are on a mission to change the world, one community, one organization, and one service project at a time. Our Team Captain is the “Voice of IRONMAN,” Mike Reilly and our Pro Triathlete Ambassadors are Mirinda Carfrae and Timothy O’Donnell. The full roster is below.
|Mike Reilly, San Diego, CA||Mirinda Carfrae, Boulder, CO||Timothy O’Donnell, Boulder, CO|
|Peter Anderson, Portland, ME||Melissa Bowman, Chicago, IL||Louis Burns, Granite Bay, CA|
|Diana Cohen, Columbia, CT||Kevin Edmonds, College Park, GA||Shay Eskew, Brentwood, TN|
|Stephanie Felber, Eglin, IL||Woodrow Freese, Newton, MA||Daniel Giblin, Rochester, NY|
|Sheila Hiestand, Louisville, KY||Alex Holderness, Denver, CO||Terry Klise, Missoula, MT|
|Bryan Lam, El Cerrito, CA||Robert Maar, Plainfield, IN||John McGrath, Paradise Valley, AZ|
|Stephanie Middleton, Hingham, MA||Ed Shifflet, Swarthmore, PA||John Snyder, Leawood, KS|
|Khem Suthiwan, Denver, CO||John Ratzan, Montclair, NJ|
In 2017, the TEAM IMF Ambassadors are proudly taking part in the following 8 service projects:
1) IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside: Adaptive Surf Clinic for Kids with Challenged Athletes Foundation.
2) IRONMAN Texas: Repairing the home of Ms. Angela and family with Rebuilding Together Houston.
3) IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Rosa: Lake Sonoma Flood Clean-Up Project with Friends of Lake Sonoma and Army Corps of Engineers
4) IRONMAN Boulder: Eldorado Canyon hiking trail maintenance and rock climbing demo with Paradox Sports disabled athletes.
5) IRONMAN Lake Placid: Hands-only CPR training at IRONMAN Village with the American Red Cross.
6) IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship (Chattanooga): Swim Clinic for Local Youth
7) IRONMAN World Championship (Kona): TBA
8) IRONMAN Arizona: Day of Service with Salt River Children’s Foundation
To support our IMF Ambassadors and donate to their efforts, click HERE.
Interested in participating or learning more about these projects? Click HERE.
“Being a TEAM IMF ambassador for [The IRONMAN Foundation] has added a great new aspect to IRONMAN events I previously didn’t know was possible. Using my love for the triathlon to raise money and awareness for charities local to the races I participate in has made this journey so much more meaningful to me than I could have ever imagined.”– TEAM IMF Ambassador, Robert Maar
Check out the videos below from our previous service projects:
|IRONMAN ARIZONA 2014: KEEN (Kids Enjoy Exercise Now)|