IRONAID™, a program of the IRONMAN Foundation®, engages athletes in the healthcare industry who race IRONMAN® and IRONMAN 70.3® events. The purpose of the program is to raise funds and awareness for health-related causes.
In 2020, the IRONAID program will expand to specifically focus on serving our communities in the wake of COVID-19.
This year, all athletes will have the opportunity to support IRONAID, including Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series® participants through Rock This Town®, a program of the IRONMAN Foundation and the charitable program for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series.
IRONAID funds will be available for grant applications by health-related nonprofit organizations around the world. Organizations who fit the criteria are invited to apply for funding.
Potential projects include:
- Providing personal, protective equipment (PPE) and for supplies such as ventilators, CT/x-ray machines, etc.
- Supporting programs in the areas of housing/homelessness, healthcare, nutrition/food support, mental health, domestic violence, care for seniors, etc.
- Finding ways to support quarantined individuals.
- Funding organizations that are working in areas with poor access to regular medical services.
- Supporting groups that are focused on WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene).
- Supporting the research into SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19.