THE IRONAID 140.6
A 30-day IRONMAN VR Challenge to athletes to dedicate a cumulative 140.6 run/bike miles to the IRONMAN Foundation’s IRONAID COVID-19 Support Fund.
Log in (or sign up) for the IRONMAN Virtual Club HERE or click on the REGISTER FOR CHALLENGE button above. Select Events to view the VR Challenges and click on The IRONAID 140.6. Click the Sign Up button, follow the prompts and you’re in! Make sure your device of choice is synced with your IRONMAN VC account and during the month of September, your mileage will be tracked for The IRONAID 140.6 Challenge. Your goal: clock 140.6 miles for IRONAID!
The IRONAID 140.6 virtual challenge will start at 12:01 AM EDT on Tuesday, September 1, ending at 11:59 PM EDT on Wednesday, September 30, 2020. Registration will start on August 21, 2020.
You can do either or both! We do ask that you adhere to the current regulations that are in place in your community along with any and all laws regarding cycling. If you have a stationary bike or trainer, that works too. Remember, you need to register for the IRONAID 140.6 Virtual Challenge through the IRONMAN Virtual Club platform in order to officially participate and clock your mileage.
Participants have the option to fundraise to support the IRONAID grant programs, Operation IRONAID Face Masks and Operation IRONAID Nutrition. Donors may designate how they would like their funds to be used: Youth Programs, Nutritional Programs, Medical Programs or “wherever it’s needed most.” Athletes who raise $140.60 or more qualify for special IRONMAN Foundation prize packages. (See “Fundraising Zones”.)
If you already have a DonorDrive page you’re all set! You may download a special IRONAID 140.6 cover page and upload it to your DonorDrive page HERE. We ask that you share your DonorDrive page via Facebook and encourage your friends to donate. We would also love to share your journey, so we recommend recording a short video before, during and/or after your workouts. We’ll share athlete stories on our social media channels as well so be sure to tag the IRONMAN Foundation with the following: @IRONMANFoundation and #IRONAID #RaceForMore #AnywhereIsPossible.
If you do not currently have a DonorDrive page, simply click the FUNDRAISE NOW button above. Once your DonorDrive page is connected you will be able to link it to your Facebook account in order to reach even more people through your social media.
Each participating fundraising athlete has the opportunity to win prizes. All donations must be received through athlete DonorDrive pages between 12:01 AM EDT on Tuesday, September 1, ending at 11:59 PM EDT on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
Zone 1: Every participant who fundraises $140.60 receives a prize package that includes an IRONMAN Foundation face mask, gaiter, wristband, tattoos, stickers and a roll of Curad IRONMAN Performance Series K-Tape.
Zone 2: Every participant who fundraises $500 receives the Zone 1 prize package plus a custom IRONMAN Foundation hydration vest.
Zone 3: Every participant who fundraises $1000 receives the Zone 1 and Zone 2 prize packages plus a Normatec by Hyperice Hypervolt recovery tool.
Zone 4: Every participant who fundraises $2000+ receives the Zone 1, Zone 2 and Zone 3 prize packages, plus a pair of HOKA One One running shoes and a pair of ROKA custom sunglasses.
Additionally, there will be four (4) random weekly drawings for IRONMAN Foundation swag.
There is no minimum fundraising commitment. All athletes who participate can apply their fundraising either to their existing IRONMAN Foundation fundraising goal, or upon the completion of the event, register for TEAM IMF for 2020 or 2021 and have the total applied to a new fundraising goal.
If you are a current TEAM IMF Athlete, click HERE for resources for you to use to update your DonorDrive page and additional tools to help you through this challenge.
Join the TRANSITION Zone on Zoom HERE to connect with fellow IRONAID 140.6 participants. This is a great way to connect with other athletes and hold each other accountable for this challenge.
While the TRANSITION Zone is open 24/7 throughout September, IRONMAN Foundation Ambassadors and TEAM IMF Athletes signed up to lead group rides throughout the challenge. See schedule below:
*Schedule is subject to change.
- Thursday, September 3: Kris Pinnow, 6AM EDT
- Friday, September 4: Shannon Spake, 9AM EDT
- Saturday, September 5: Elizabeth Wood, 7AM EDT; Arthur Leiz, 8AM EDT
- Sunday, September 6:
- Monday, September 7: Mark Turner, 10AM EDT
- Tuesday, September 8: Kris Pinnow, 6AM EDT; Elizabeth Wood, 7AM EDT; Mike Ergo, 9AM EDT
- Wednesday, September 9: Robert Maar, 6AM EDT; Matt Valley, 9AM EDT
- Thursday, September 10: Kris Pinnow, 6AM EDT
- Friday, September 11: Shannon Spake, 9AM EDT
- Saturday, September 12: Mark Turner, 10AM EDT
- Sunday, September 13: Abigail Anderson, 9AM EDT
- Monday, September 14: Elizabeth Wood, 6PM EDT
- Tuesday, September 15: Kris Pinnow, 6AM EDT; Arthur Leiz, 7AM EDT; Mike Ergo, 9AM EDT
- Wednesday, September 16: Robert Maar, 6AM EDT; Matt Valley, 9AM EDT
- Thursday, September 17: Kris Pinnow, 6AM EDT
- Friday, September 18: Shannon Spake, 9AM EDT
- Saturday, September 19: Elizabeth Wood, 7AM EDT, Meghan Brown, 12pm EDT
- Sunday, September 20: Dave and Gina Shand, 9AM EDT, Abigail Anderson, 9AM EDT
- Monday, September 21:
- Tuesday, September 22: Kris Pinnow, 6AM EDT; Mike Ergo, 9AM EDT
- Wednesday, September 23: Robert Maar, 6AM EDT; Matt Valley, 9AM EDT
- Thursday, September 24: Kris Pinnow, 6AM EDT; Arthur Leiz, 7AM EDT
- Friday, September 25: Shannon Spake, 9AM EDT
- Saturday, September 26:
- Sunday, September 27: Dave and Gina Shand, 9AM EDT
- Monday, September 28: Mark Turner, 10AM EDT
- Tuesday, September 29: Kris Pinnow, 6AM EDT; Mike Ergo, 9AM EDT
- Wednesday, September 30: Robert Maar, 6AM EDT; Matt Valley 9AM EDT
The funds raised through The IRONAID 140.6 support the COVID-19 response programs of health-related organizations in our IRONMAN and Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon event communities worldwide. To learn more or apply for grant funding, click HERE.