“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
The IRONMAN Foundation Ambassadors are a group of triathletes committed to strive for positive change in IRONMAN race communities through service projects, fundraising initiatives, and athletic goodwill. These athletes exemplify the IRONMAN Foundation mission of service through sport and commitment to community.
What does it take to be an IRONMAN Foundation Ambassador?
The determination of an IRONMAN Athlete, along with the passion to rise above the masses and create REAL change in IRONMAN communities.
These are not your regular athletes.
They are on a mission to change the world, one community, one organization, and one service project at a time. These efforts are led by our Team Captain and the “Voice of IRONMAN,” Mike Reilly.
IN 2019, THE IRONMAN FOUNDATION AMBASSADORS ARE PROUDLY TAKING PART IN SERVICE PROJECTS AT THE FOLLOWING EVENTS:
- IRONMAN 70.3 Puerto Rico || March 17
- IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside || April 6
- IRONMAN Texas || April 27 *
- IRONMAN 70.3 Gulf Coast || May 11*
- IRONMAN Santa Rosa || May 11
- IRONMAN 70.3 Connecticut|| June 9 *
- IRONMAN 70.3 Traverse City || August 25 *
- IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship || September 7-8
- IRONMAN Wisconsin || September 8 *
- IRONMAN Maryland || September 28 *
- IRONMAN World Championship || October 12
- IRONMAN 70.3 North Carolina || October 12
- IRONMAN 70.3 Waco || October 27
- IRONMAN Florida || November 2
- IRONMAN Arizona || November 24
* = Bike for a Kid only
(Projects dates and locations are subject to change)
IMF AMBASSADOR TEAM BENEFITS
- IMF Ambassador Race Kit, running singlet, tech shirt, trucker hat and visor
- Gear from IMF Partners
- Exclusive, pro-level discounts on team sponsor gear
- Access to online team shared folder with schedules, info and messaging
- Featured posts on the IRONMAN Foundation website and social channels
- Exclusive access and social gatherings at IRONMAN events with IMF service projects
- Opportunity for one complimentary, non-transferable 2019 race entry to one of the service project focused events (World Championship events excluded)
IMF AMBASSADOR TEAM EXPECTATIONS
- Serve as a brand ambassador of the IRONMAN Foundation and share the story, mission and goodwill of the IRONMAN Foundation.
- Pledge to raise a minimum of $ 2,500 to support the Community Grant Fund.
- Commit to participating in at least one (1) service project per year of membership at a designated IRONMAN event; at your comped race, service project participation is mandatory.
- Recruit two (2) TEAM IMF athletes in the 2019 season and receive one (1) additional comp entry to an IRONMAN or IRONMAN 70.3 race (World Championship events excluded).
- Race in custom IMF Ambassador kit throughout the 2019 season (at IRONMAN and non IRONMAN events.)
- Follow the Ambassador Social Media Guide
- At a minimum, post about the IRONMAN Foundation twice per month
- Share/retweet/repost IMF social media content
- Be active in the TEAM IMF and IMF Ambassador closed Facebook groups
- Use the IMF hashtags as outlined in the guide
- Based on your experience, serve as a Team IMF Mentor for one race in the 2019 season
If you have the determination of an IRONMAN Athlete and the passion to support your race communities apply TODAY to be considered for one of our IRONMAN Foundation Ambassador spots in 2019!
**2019 applications are now closed. Please stay tuned for the announcement of our 2019 IMF Ambassador Team.
To support our IMF Ambassadors and donate to their efforts, click HERE.
Interested in participating or learning more about these projects? Click HERE.
“Being a TEAM IMF Ambassador for [the IRONMAN Foundation] has added a great new aspect to IRONMAN events I previously didn’t know was possible. Using my love for the triathlon to raise money and awareness for charities local to the races I participate in has made this journey so much more meaningful to me than I could have ever imagined.”– TEAM IMF Ambassador, Robert Maar
Check out the videos below from our previous service projects:
|IRONMAN LAKE PLACID 2018 : WATER SAFETY & SUP CLINIC|
|IRONMAN 70.3 SANTA ROSA 2018: SANTA ROSA WILDFIRE RECOVER PROJECT|
|IRONMAN 70.3 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2018: LEGACY SERVICE PROJECTS|
|IRONMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2018: QUEEN LILI’OUKALANI TRUST|