Bike for a Kid Presented by IRONMAN Foundation and FLO Cycling
For the second year, the IRONMAN Foundation will partner with FLO Cycling for the Bike for a Kid program. At select events in 2019, we invite athletes, as well as their families and friends, to visit the IRONMAN Foundation booth to assemble bikes for local kids in need, inspiring them to exercise and live a healthy lifestyle. The bike build takes only 5 minutes and provides athletes and their supporters the opportunity to connect to local youth, sending them the message to “Stay strong, ride safe and believe in your dreams!”
As part of race weekend, the IRONMAN Foundation and FLO Cycling will deliver the bikes to kids in partnership with a local nonprofit organization, powerfully linking our athletes to the local community and leaving the IRONMAN legacy behind long after race day.
The 2019 Bike for a Kid schedule will be announced shortly but see below to learn about the impact we made in 2018:
- IRONMAN Santa Rosa: Bikes presented to children in military families stationed at Travis Air Force Base through a partnership with Blue Star Families
- IRONMAN Lake Placid: Bikes presented to children in military families through upstate New York through a partnership with Blue Star Families. Additional bikes were donated to the Lake Placid Outing Club and the Towns of Keene, Jay and Wilmington.
- IRONMAN Wisconsin: Bikes were donated to three local organizations in the Madison area: Wheels for Winners, Goodman Community Center and Sugar Creek Elementary.
- IRONMAN World Championship (Kona): Bikes were donated to various organizations in the greater Kailua-Kona region including: Family Support Hawai’i, West Hawai’i Community Health Center, Queen Lil’uokalani Trust, Keiki O Ka Aina Family Learning Center, The Salvation Army Kona Corps, and Kokua Kupuna Project.
- IRONMAN Florida: Due to the devastation wreaked by Hurricane Michael on Panama City Beach and surrounding Bay County, IRONMAN Florida was relocated to Haines City, Florida. Due to this relocation, we were unable to host Bike for a Kid in conjunction with IRONMAN Florida in 2018. However, we look forward to returning to Panama City Beach in 2019 to provide bikes to local youth!
- IRONMAN Arizona: Bikes were donated to the Salt River Elementary School and Arizona Association for Foster and Adoptive Parents.
Questions? Click HERE.
The IRONMAN Foundation: Creating tangible impact in IRONMAN race communities through grant funding and volunteerism.